Sunday, May 09, 2010

may may be great

Bloggies, apologies. I have not written in awhile but that time is over - the store is open and we have our free-time back!

Here is the beautiful green beast:
You can see more at our site, mixedgreens.ca. We're having a mother's day sale on bar soaps this weekend... hehe. And after the wedding, an online store! Our first week of sales bode well for a successful summer... such a relief, so satisfying, and cheering.

Wedding planning going well too. We are a solid team, D and I. It feels good to do things and make things happen together. D's a happy man. And I've accepted a new job at OCAD for August 1st - it will actually be my current job, just moved to a new university. So good changes all 'round.

Woke up to SNOW this morning. Really. It hasn't melted yet - still a very cold, grey, blustery day. I'll spend time in the basement repotting seedlings and starting some more seeds - the extras I can sell at the store, which is so cool. Other than that tho, another slow year for gardening. Too busy again, and that's okay. It'll still be good, but not the canning and freezing wheel-barrows full that I hope to someday achieve. Someday.

A girlfriend of mine is due to have a baby today... mother's day! So excited for her. Speaking of mothers, I love mine.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

The store looks amazing! I had no idea you guys were working on that. Hopefully someday Jordan and I will make it up for some shopping.

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats on a successful store opening, can't wait for that online store so I can buy all my xmas prezzies!! :)