Sunday, February 14, 2010

back into it

Thought I'd drink wine and make music tonight but instead I'm drinking wine and planning the garden. It's hard to do real things when D's gone for some reason, things are on pause. Both lovely and strange to think we're so attached - the machine not fully functioning without both gears. Thankfully my valentine comes home tomorrow.

Was frustrated earlier by my Dr. Sample - it needs some soldering work done on one of the vital knobs. I might buy a kit and give it a go myself... it seems like a useful thing to know. Do soldering kits exist? Mom, can you do it?

Oh the luxury of time and how I waste it. Someday I'll look back on these lazy days with either resentment or envy.

Signed up to visit an osteopath in March... anything for the back now-a-days. I'm actually sort of excited. From wikipedia:

These are the eight major principles of osteopathy and are widely taught throughout the international osteopathic community.
1. The body is a unit.
2. Structure and function are reciprocally inter-related.
3. The body possesses self-regulatory mechanisms.
4. The body has the inherent capacity to defend and repair itself.
5. When the normal adaptability is disrupted, or when environmental changes overcome the body’s capacity for self maintenance, disease may ensue.
6. The movement of body fluids is essential to the maintenance of health.
7. The nerves play a crucial part in controlling the fluids of the body.
8. There are somatic components to disease that are not only manifestations of disease, but also are factors that contribute to maintenance of the disease state.

The opportunity just came to me and I have learned that opportunities that just come to you and feel surprising but right should be pursued.

No comments: